Advantages of using the Data Composer component with TurboData
There are various advantages of using Data Composer to read in the database definition directly from the Advantage Gen model.
- Referential integrity defined in Advantage Gen that is not on the physical database is applied to generated test data.
- Advantage Gen entity names are displayed in TurboData with the physical table names.
- Advantage Gen attribute names are displayed in TurboData with the physical column names.
- Permitted Values are read in from Advantage Gen, and stored in TurboData as generic values. These values are automatically associated to the appropriate column. The values may be used randomly or in ascending or descending sequence when generating test data.
- Interface with Report Composer.
- Interface with Test Composer.